Sealing records to get approved for immigration DECA (Deferred Action)?

Can I seal my DUI that I got in 2003 to be eligible for the Deferred Action? Can I seal it if i Am here illegally? How long will it take to get my immigration records?

Las Vegas, NV -

Ross Carl Goodman

Ross Carl Goodman

Criminal Defense Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

You can file a petition to seal since it has been more than 7 yeears since your previous DUI.

Thomas D. Boley

Thomas D. Boley

You are eligible for sealing a DUI after seven years passes from the date of closing the case. This does not apply to cases that have been in warrant or are not closed.

Immigration is a different question. I am not a practitioner of immigration, so you would need to consult an immigration attorney prior to initiating the sealing process.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Will not help. Will make it more difficult for you to later have then unsealed.