Sealing records to get approved for immigration DECA (Deferred Action)?

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

Can I seal my DUI that I got in 2003 to be eligible for the Deferred Action?
Can I seal it if i Am here illegally?

How long will it take to get my immigration records?

1. Ross Carl Goodman

Pro

2

1

Answered . You can file a petition to seal since it has been more than 7 yeears since your previous DUI.

2. Thomas D. Boley

2

1

Answered . You are eligible for sealing a DUI after seven years passes from the date of closing the case. This does not apply to cases that have been in warrant or are not closed.

Immigration is a different question. I am not a practitioner of immigration, so you would need to consult an immigration attorney prior to initiating the sealing process.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Will not help. Will make it more difficult for you to later have then unsealed.