Sealing of Juvenile arrest record while waiting for court's decision on DUI charge.

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am 30 yrs old. I was recently arrested for DUI charge. On the day of the arraingment, I was given the discovery document, which also mentions my history of arrest as a juvenile. At the time, I was not convicted of any crime and was let go. I did not expect for my arrest to show up on in my history. Today, my record states -" Prosecutor prefiling deferral" next to the crime. My question is - Can I apply for sealing the arrest record (Juvenile)? Can I do this while I wait for the results of the DUI charge?

1. Michael Moshe Levin

9

Answered . They won't entertain sealing the juvenile record while charges are pending. But if it is only an arrest, it shouldn't be an issue.

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

7

Answered . You can seal juvenile while it's pending. See Welf. & Inst. Code 781 et seq.

3. Nicholas Milan Loncar

Pro

7

Answered . You're definitely old enough to get the juvenile arrests sealed. The court has to be persuaded that you are rehabilitated, however. I certainly don't think a DUI at 30 shows that you're not rehabilitated from whatever charge you picked up as a minor, but it could stand in the way.