Skip to main content

Seal and destroy arrest record

Salinas, CA |

I was arrested in April of 2005 for DUI, I was not under the influence and when taken to the station I blew .00 and .00 on the breathalyzer. I was released under 849(b) PC and no charges ever filed. I want to have the arrest sealed and destroyed, as it continues to show up on employment background checks. Am I still eligible or is there a 2 year time limit to petition the arresting agency / DA office?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. usually a 2 year time limit, but you can petition the court to waive that time requirement.

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics