SDI benefits when moving out of state

Orange, CA |

I was recently approved to get state disability due to medical reason in California. This is state disability not social security disability. I am moving to Texas next week. Can I still receive California disability when in Texas? Do I need to let the California disability office know about my move?

I will try to re-post this so you get better exposure for a better answer.

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

State, local, and municipal law topics