School changing dress code?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Education law

My school made new dress code changes during the school year and says that anyone who doesn’t follow them will be suspended. Can they do that even though I never agreed to the new rules?

Never up to the students. The school just changed the rules. Follow the rules or change schools. Focus on education, go to college, go to law school, and get the law changed.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

What's the problem? Dress codes typically provide that you have to wear appropriate clothing. No tube tops or mesh athletic shirts or short shorts or messages on T-shirts that condone violence or drugs; no clothes that tend to distract from an orderly educational environment conducive to doing schoolwork. Is there some reason you are unable to comply with a dress code of that nature?

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Yes, but the mandatory propeller beanies?

Yes they can do this.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

Education law topics