Satisfaction of judgement indicates full

Asked over 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

What does it mean when the statisfaction of judgement indicates full? I'm looking up a judgement against me and the very last entry satisfacation of judgement indicates full.

1. Susan Kathryn Ashabraner

4

1

Answered . It means you can break out the champagne and celebrate because the judgment has been paid in full. :-)

If the plaintiff/judgment creditor recorded any abstracts of judgment (real property liens) in any county/ies, then ask the p/jc for a *notarized* Acknowledgment of Satisfaction of Judgment for each county in which an AOJ was recorded. Then record the notarized ASJ in that/those county/ies to release the liens. The county clerk-recorder will charge you a nominal fee to record each ASJ.

2. Michael Charles Doland

3

1

Answered . There are two options "partial" and "full". The filing of a "full" satisfaction of judgment means there is nothing left to pay.

3. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

3

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. It means whatever you owe on the judgment is fully satisfied. It means you either paid the full amount, or the judgment creditor agreed to accept something less than the full amount, but the result is the same... you no longer owe anything on that judgment.

4. Scot J Eliot

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that the judgment has been paid in full and there is no balance owing on the judgment.