SAP-D and Section 160.50 CPL?

Asked over 3 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

I was pulled over for riding a bicycle on the sidewalk in New York City and got a summons. Before appearing in court next week, I just got notice that the case was dismissed in Part SAP-D and was sealed pursuant to Section 160.50 CPL. It goes on to say that no appearance in court is required for this matter.

I was wondering if you could let me know whether this will appear on my record and whether I have to declare this for job interviews / schools in the future? Will anyone be able to open this record, and if so, who? (even if applying for things such as a gun license)

Thank you

1. Thomas Arthur Kenniff

1

Answered . Pursuant to CPL 160.50, the record will be sealed and the arrest and prosecution is deemed a nullity. You should not have any issues or suffer any prejudice as a result of a case that was dismissed and sealed.

Best of Luck,

Tom Kenniff

2. Jennifer Lynn Mccann

1

Answered . Congratulations! You have a clean record. The case against you has been dismissed and sealed. You have not been convicted of anything. When asked if you have been convicted of a crime on school and job applications, please check the "NO" box. (It should be noted that you were not charged with a crime anyway; you were charged with a violation, which is a non-criminal infraction- like running a stop sign.)

Best of luck with you gun license- Just remember that a license is not a carry permit in NYC.

Jennifer L. McCann

Pursuant to the rules of AVVO, this comment is not to be construed as legal advice.