Sanctions for contempt

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I filed contempt of court charges on someone and won my case. The judge reserved ruling on the sanctions. Is there anything else I need to do to have the sanctions ruled on ie: a motion of some sort?

1. Heather Morcroft

Answered . Usually reserving ruling means the judge is not going to rule over the bench (right there in the courtroom) but is going to think about it and issue an order later. So I would wait a few weeks, and if you don't hear anything schedule a status hearing to determine what is happening with the sanctions. You will have to file a motion for a status hearing saying why you want it, which may in itself prompt the order, but if you set the hearing, then you can find out what is happening, and if the judge wants more, you can find that out too.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******