Same sex civil union in vermont we both live in florida, from 1st july what do we need to do dissolve it

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tallahassee, FL

split 5 years ago. all property and financial matters legally sorted out at that time. Ex partner had a child a couple of years after we split. This is completely outside of our situation and has no bearing on our situation.
from 1st of July as we do not need to fulfill a residency requirement what do I/we need to do to dissolve this partnership.

1. Brent Allan Rose

1

Answered . I'm not sure I understand your question. Florida, as I'm sure you know, does not recognize civil unions in the same sense that Vermont once did before gay marriage became legal there. In fact, outside of a few cities in a Florida, domestic partnership is not legal here, so no formal action for dissolution of domestic partnership exists in Florida courts, though I suppose one could be filed in those counties where the cities have enacted domestic partnership laws (Hillsborough, Dade, and Broward, to my knowledge). You don't appear to be seeking timeshare with the child, which Florida recognizes amongst same-sex couples in certain circumstances, and your property has been split, so what would you like to accomplish?

2. Marian Audrey Lindquist

Answered . Florida does not recognize your union. There's no same sex divorce in Florida. You may want to ask this question of Vermont lawyers.