Sale of Home? What do i need to Disclosed to the buyer ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Laguna Beach, CA

I received a letter from the city about a year ago asking about my loft that was not permitted. I bought the condominium with the loft and the person that sold to me also bought with the loft. I did a investigation but I could not found when the loft was built. I wrote a letter to the city and I found that they did not had the blue print from the condominium , I have not heard from them and its pass about 10 month. Now I'm think about to sale this condominium do I need to disclosed this to the new Buyer?

1. Shaun K. Boss

Pro

2

Answered . You have an obligation to make a complete disclosure of what you know. This is clearly a material fact. If you fail to disclose it, you are likely to be sued by the Buyer when it is discovered and the damages and attorneys fee awards could be substantial.

2. Devin Randall Lucas

Answered . Yes.

3. Michael T Millar

Pro

1

Answered . As someone who has represented parties in over 150 cases involving non-disclosure of defects in residential properties, I would strongly recommend that you disclose any condition that you know that might affect someone's decision to buy the property.

Fraud can be committed in one of two ways - by stating something that you know to be untrue and by failing to speak when you know a material fact.

I am not a CA attorney, laws vary from state to state, therefore you should always consult a local attorney.