Salary difference between current salary and perm(labor-i-140) salary.

Asked about 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

My current employer has applied for perm, my labor and i-140 got approved. As now i am waiting for my priority date to become current (It is running currently 5 years behind). I have come across good job opportunity , it has good learning and stability so i am considering to switch.
question is the new job salary is lesser than the salary approved in labor and i140 with my current employer.
So in future when new company apply for new perm - labor and i140, would this be any issue?

Company A salary and i140 salary - 110K

New company offer - 100K

Thanks in advance for advise and suggestions.

1. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

8

Answered . The employer must offer you a wage that is equal to or exceeds the prevailing wage for the position in the area. It is possible that the wage may be different from the prevailing wage of 5 years ago.

2. J Charles Ferrari

8

Answered . It would not be an issue because the I-140 will die when you leave you leave the employer that filed it. Your new employer will need to start a green card process all over again.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

6

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Once you start a new employer, the process starts over. It is best to consult an immigration attorney.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . Don't be short sighted.

Your current employer spent THOUSANDS of dollars on you .... and they're paying $10,000 MORE than this new opportunity.

Learn how to be patient ... you will have a good future if you don't 'burn bridges' before you get your greencard.

5. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

2

Answered . You appear to have a good situation now but will lose that and have to start the immigration process all over if you switch jobs.

6. Sergey Vladimirovich Makarov

2

Answered . it depends on whether you would like to preserve the priority date.