Skip to main content

Safety of children in family divorce

Los Angeles, CA |

My ex is taking our children to his new property on the weekend and having them work on the land. Our children are young. My biggest concern is that he has them riding on tractors and this is unsafe for our young children. I have brought this to his attention, but he dismisses me. What can I do about this? I am concerned for the safety of our children.

Attorney Answers 3


..depending from the age of the children you can address your concerns in writing to him..Use of tractors and other machinery that can create mortal danger is a serious matter that must be addressed
ASAP..Ask your lawyer to assist you with the matter..An RFO can resolve the issue of visitation or even supervised visitation...

Disclaimer:Attorney and Fraud Examiner.One of few that are Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE)*. The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+. *the certification is not a specialty recognized by the California State Bar.

Mark as helpful


Have the children ever been hurt on any wsy in his care? Is he careless? obviously, is children are taking part informing activities and our parents are careless, they may be hurt. That said, farming has been being carried out by people of all ages for centuries. So if you're just looking for reasons to make a problem, I don't recommend it. Courts don't change people's behavior in any case. I'm sure many of my colleagues will disagree.

All of Ms. Straus’ responses to questions posted on Avvo are intended as helpful information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are not to be relied upon as a full or complete legal opinion. It may not be what you wished to hear, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Straus has been licensed to practice law in California for 30 years. Ms. Straus provides “unbundled” services if you need specific assistance with a specific issue. I can be contacted if you put my name or Bar number, 110028, in the State Bar web site, or you can find me on LinkedIn or Google. Goggle E. Carroll Straus. If I seem right, proceed accordingly.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You would need to prove that your x is doing something that is not in the best interests of the children ie...the situation presents an immediate threat of harm the children. I am not sure that riding on a tractor with adult supervision would qualify. If there is something illegal or inherently dangerous you could request an emergency temporary order from the family court, you should consult an attorney if you believe that there is a real danger.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics