Run a background check on myself?

Asked 5 months ago - New York, NY

What is the best way to run a background check on myself, mainly for potential job. I was arrested but case was ACD', but I'm worried it wasn't properly sealed. I'm not applying for any government jobs. Can potentials employers get a copy of my RAP sheet? Should I get my own RAP sheet or should I just order the Criminal History Record by OCA? If I don't see my case in the OCA's search, does that mean it was properly sealed and potential (non-government) employers won't be able to see it? Bottom line is, I just want to know if my case and arrest record was properly sealed, what is the fastest and easiest way in doing so? I heard getting your RAP sheet is troublesome, should I just order the criminal search from OCA, would that be sufficient? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thankyou

1. Zachary Steven Maurer

Pro

3

Answered . Based on what you seem to be looking for I think that ordering the Record from OCA should be enough. You could also call the court in which the case was disposed of to make sure that a sealing order was done.

2. J. Denise Carter

3

Answered . OCA should be sufficient for what you are wanting to discern. Hope that's helpful

3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

3

Answered . Just order the criminal record history by OCA

4. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . Either go to court and ask if it's sealed or do the OCA check.

5. George Peter Conway

1

Answered . Have you read "Your New York Rap Sheet"? If not, I suggest you do. You can access it at the link provided below.