Run a background check on myself?

New York, NY |

What is the best way to run a background check on myself, mainly for potential job. I was arrested but case was ACD', but I'm worried it wasn't properly sealed. I'm not applying for any government jobs. Can potentials employers get a copy of my RAP sheet? Should I get my own RAP sheet or should I just order the Criminal History Record by OCA? If I don't see my case in the OCA's search, does that mean it was properly sealed and potential (non-government) employers won't be able to see it? Bottom line is, I just want to know if my case and arrest record was properly sealed, what is the fastest and easiest way in doing so? I heard getting your RAP sheet is troublesome, should I just order the criminal search from OCA, would that be sufficient? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thankyou

1. OCA should be sufficient for what you are wanting to discern. Hope that's helpful

2. Based on what you seem to be looking for I think that ordering the Record from OCA should be enough. You could also call the court in which the case was disposed of to make sure that a sealing order was done.

3. Just order the criminal record history by OCA

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

4. Either go to court and ask if it's sealed or do the OCA check.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

5. Have you read "Your New York Rap Sheet"? If not, I suggest you do. You can access it at the link provided below.

The information provided is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. I make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information. You should not act or rely on any information at above without seeking the advice of an attorney. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on websites or advertisement