Rsd/Crps developed after a car run over my foot

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

On february 2012 I was involved in a car accident as a pedestrian.
I was crossing Ferry Street in Newark in a green light, on the crossing lanes, 2:54 p.m., sunny day. The Toyota Tacoma went from behind me to cross the street in the same direction as me and turned violently to the left and ran over my right foot. I fell down on the street where buses and cars passed close to me, the driver stayed with me until police arrived. Ambulance left me at the UMDNJ after Cat and xrays didn't show fractures because the swelling and blood clot. After 2 months of swelling, burning pain, cramps, stiffness and other
complications the diagnosis was RSD/CRPS and PSTD (Post traumatic stress disorder) my lawyer looks like don't know about my condition I need an RSD lawyer? Any recommendations?

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

7

Answered . First, contact your attorney. You always have the option to change lawyers. The sooner the better. That said, most of the time these issues are a simple misunderstanding. Good luck.

Pro

7

Answered . These are serious conditions, and your best bet is to find a top-rated NJ personal injury lawyer with a low contingency feet to get you maximum compensation.

3. Anne Marie Breslin

4

Best Answer

Answered . I am sorry for your injuries and the conditions that you are suffering with, I know how challenging and limiting they can be.

I suggest you request a meeting with your attorney and ask about his or her experience with these conditions and what his/her litigation plan is. Express your concerns and ask for the attorney to address them. Bring a list of questions with you. If after that meeting, you are not satisfied, speak to another attorney. The injuries you have sustained have the potential to severely limit your life - from what I've seen, so you deserve to receive the maximum possible recovery and to have an attorney you're confident will obtain that for you.

4. Mark Vincent Kuminski

6

Answered . In cases sush as this, I always recommend that you speak with your existing attorney to express your concerns. Often times you will find that there was merely a misunderstanding or a failure to communbicate, and that your confidence in your existing attorney will be restored. If that turns out not to be the case, and you are sure that you want to change lawyers, then I would be happy to discuss your case with you. My name is Mark Kuminski and I am a partner with the law firm of Levinson Axelrod. Reflex Sympathetic Dystropy (RSD), now known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, is a conditon which effects the sympathetic nervous system and may develop after a relatively minor trauma to one of your extremities. It is a fairly uncommon condition and is not totally understood by the medical community. I have handled several cases for clients with this condition in the past, and recently successfully tried a case for a client who developed RSD/CRPS following a fall.

5. Michael David Lindner Jr

Pro

6

Answered . First, discuss this at length with your attorney. I have received numerous calls over the years from individuals who were upset or concerned about their current lawyer. In almost all of the cases, it was my opinion that the current lawyer was appropriately handling the cae, and had appropriate expettise to handle the case. If anything existed, it was a slight failure in communication.

If, after that discussion with your lawyer, you remain unconvinced, you always have the right to change lawyers, and feel free to do so.

Good luck

6. Kevin Coluccio

7

Answered . Contact your attorney and discuss your concerns with him. Share with your attorney literature that you have obtained from your doctors.

7. Andrew D. Swain

Pro

5

Answered . Schedule a meeting with your attorney to review your medical treatment and your settlement demand. For cases with severe injuries, the attorney will demand the policy limits of the other driver and submit medical records in support of a claim for permanent injuries. Many attorneys who are experienced in personal injury and malpractice claims are familiar with RSD, CRPS and PTSD, the causes, and the disabling nature of these conditions. You are entitled to seek a second opinion to verify your lawyer is on the right track.

8. Keith Douglas Vance

Pro

4

Answered . CRPS and PTSD should be injuries and diagnosis that every personal injury lawyer should be familiar with. If your lawyer doesn't know about these injuries, you may want to look for one who does and has more experience. They are definitely compensible injuries.

9. Tatiana Kadetskaya

3

Answered . Yes. Get a personal injury lawyer. Here, I Googled one for you with a low 28% fee. www.Personal-Injury-Lawyer-New-Jersey.com so you get the most compensation available.