Skip to main content

Roach in Food at a famous pancake restaurant!

Los Angeles, CA |

I found a dead cockroach in my pancakes after i already ate half of it !!!!i ve been throwing up all day !!the manager apologized to me and didn’t charge me .i m buying medicine to stop the vomit ,can I get the restaurant to pay for those medicine because I don’t have insurance?

I still have a receipt where the manager wrote roach on pancakes ,do i need to keep the pancakes with roach on it ?

Attorney Answers 7

  1. They will probably pay for the medicine. Consult with a personal injury lawyer to determine your options.

  2. First, call the Department of Health and report the matter. If you have not contracted some type of virus; and your injuries do not rise to the level of requiring emergency room or other medical care; then your option would be to file a claim in small claims court or simply give the receipts for the medication purchased to the restaurant and ask them to reimburse you for the cost. These types of claims may be difficult to prove, and if you have not sought medical care, the value of the claim may be substantially less than the cost of pursuing the matter . If you need medical care, conslut with an attorney immediately. Best of luck!

    Information posted or made available on or through the Site, including without limitation any responses to legal questions posted in Avvo Q&A, information provided in Avvo Legal Guides, and any other comments, opinions, recommendations, answers, analysis, references, referrals or legally related content or information (collectively "Legal Information") is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely upon such Legal Information. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege.

  3. You are entitled to compensation for the injury you sustained. I would take pictures of the pancake. I would also speak with a personal injury attorney regarding a claim for your pain an suffering, as well as medical care.

  4. Have a local personal injury lawyer investigate.

  5. Yes, you need to keep the receipt. It is evidence in your case.

    Merry Fountain is licensed to practice law in Indiana. She can be contacted at 1-888-242-HURT. This is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney/client relationship. It is legal education intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. If the question does not include important timeframes and facts the answer could change. Merry Fountain strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state.

  6. To supplement the excellent responses you have already received: Keep track of your condition and medical care and expenses. I suspect that the disgust of the cockroach is behind your vomiting, but it's possible that your pancakes were contaminated by insecticide. I presume that you contracted no microbe. Hey, I ate at IHoP this morning; I'm glad that I read this afterwards.

  7. Yes consult with an attorney - save everything including your food receipt

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics