Risk involved in pasta land ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hoople, ND

We are about to purchase a land which has no registery but has patta . Kindly suggest us whether to purchase an approved land or not and if yes ? then what is the procedure to register it . Also Please provide the details of the risk involved in Purchasing a Patta land ?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Ryan Vancil Esq

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . "Patta" is a document which shows the ownership of the property, and "patta land" is land that comes with such documents showing your ownership. As the attorney above indicated you should consult with a lawyer proficient in Indian land-use or real-estate land to identify the documents necessary to secure your ownership and to walk you through the process.

  2. Jack Richard Lebowitz


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Avvo.com is a service for U.S. attorneys to answer questions about U.S. law.

    "Patta land", at least according to my Google search/*, is restricted to Indian law (the subcontinent, not Native Americans). Consult with an attorney in India.

    */ http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=...

    This answer is provided under the Avvo.com “Terms and Conditions of Use” (“ToU”), particularly ¶9 which states... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,679 answers this week

3,381 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,679 answers this week

3,381 attorneys answering