Risk involved in pasta land ?

Hoople, ND |

We are about to purchase a land which has no registery but has patta . Kindly suggest us whether to purchase an approved land or not and if yes ? then what is the procedure to register it . Also Please provide the details of the risk involved in Purchasing a Patta land ?

1. Avvo.com is a service for U.S. attorneys to answer questions about U.S. law.

"Patta land", at least according to my Google search/*, is restricted to Indian law (the subcontinent, not Native Americans). Consult with an attorney in India.

*/ http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080909041116AAEwdcl

This answer is provided under the Avvo.com “Terms and Conditions of Use” (“ToU”), particularly ¶9 which states that any information provided is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and me or any other attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely solely upon Legal Information you obtain from this website or other resources which may be linked to an answer for informational purposes. You understand that questions and answers or other postings to the Site are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. The full Avvo ToU are set forth at http://www.avvo.com/support/terms . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of New York and Federal Courts. Any general information I provide about non-New York laws should be checked with an attorney licensed to practice in your State. Lastly, New York State Court rules (22 NYCRR Part 1200, Rule 7.1) also require me to inform you that my answers and attorney profile posted on the Avvo.com site may be considered "attorney advertising" and that "prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome".

2. "Patta" is a document which shows the ownership of the property, and "patta land" is land that comes with such documents showing your ownership. As the attorney above indicated you should consult with a lawyer proficient in Indian land-use or real-estate land to identify the documents necessary to secure your ownership and to walk you through the process.