Right to Quiet Enjoyment of our home property

Asked about 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

We own a nice house, that we built, in a residential community (60% of city are renters). We, and 4 other close neighbors have had ongoing problems with a couple in their 60's who rent the home in front of ours. The husband is non-communicative and the wife appears eccentric/recluse. The husband works and the wife stays at home. Her habit is to constantly put out various bowls of food on the ground 24 hrs a day bringing in feral cats, skunks, possums, and raccoons. We have made yrly complaints to the Code Enforcement office and the owner has been cited. So, now this lady just hides the food in her yard (I have pictures). I tried talking to the owner and he just hung up on me. Is there a law or what type of steps can we take. We don't have full enjoyment of our property due
to this

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Daniel Kevin Gentile

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Check to see if you have CC&RS recorded against the properties in the community. They may specifically preclude your neighbors actions regarding the animals.

    Also, it sounds like your neighbor is creating a nuisance which the court can restrain.

    I'd contact a real estate attorney and ask him or her send a firm demand to your neighbor to cease and desist or face injunction proceedings.

  2. Peter Cameron

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Do you have evidence that you can show that the animals are causing trouble in you community? If none yet, better obtain this kind of evidence to support your case. Then I suggest that you hire a lawyer to assist you with this. Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,636 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,636 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering