Right to know my accuser in a sexual harassment case?

Asked over 2 years ago - Tulsa, OK

I recently received a warning from my manager stating that he had a sexual harassment complaint from another employee about me, but he won't tell me who it was. Do I have the right to know my accuser?

1. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

Answered . You need to call an employment attorney in your locale who can advise you specifically what your rights are. In Texas it woulds be unusual to not advise an employee who was making the allegations against you. Of course, Texas is a hire and fire "at will" state. Go see an employment lawyer.

2. Dave Bahr

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague that you should speak to a lawyer ASAP to evaluate your options. If the "right to work" (right to be fired for almost any reason) aspect of state law allows you to be terminated, you may not be able to learn the identity of your accuser unless/until you sue for wrongful termination.