Riding my bike got hit by a car

Asked almost 3 years ago - Salem, OR

I was riding my bike on the sidewalk and a car hit me. Can I get a settlement?

1. Troy Austin Pickard

Answered . I'm an Oregon attorney, and I can tell you that it sounds like the driver of the car is liable for your injuries. You may have *some* comparative fault because of riding on the sidewalk, but we would need to look into that further before being sure.

You can give my firm a call and get a free consultation - our number is (503) 592-0606. I used to work FOR the big insurance companies, so I know how they run their side of things.

2. Paul Jason Vames

Answered . Based on the limited facts you've provided, there would be nothing preventing you from asseting a claim. More detail is needed to determine precisely what might be available to you. I'm licensed in Oregon and frequently handle auto vs. bike cases. I offer a no-obligation initial consultation. Feel fre to call my office.

Pro

1

Answered . Most likely. Cars can't drive on sidewalks. Contact a personal injury lawyer to negotiate a settlement with the car's insurance company.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.
  4. Lloyd Noland Bell

Pro

Answered . Probably, assuming you were injured. Cars are generally supposed to stay off the sidewalks. You should get the medical treatment you need and talk with a personal injury lawyer in your area. I would recommend you get a copy of the police report, and take photographs of your injuries, e.g. bruising, scrapes, etc., before they heal up. DO NOT give a statement to the insurance company until you have had a chance to speak with a lawyer (or two). Good luck!

Lloyd Bell
    Trial Attorney
    www.BellLawFirm.com

5. Shawn Michael Alfano

Answered . You need to find an attorney and call for a free consultation right away.

www.1800NowHurt.com