Riding my bike got hit by a car

Salem, OR |

I was riding my bike on the sidewalk and a car hit me. Can I get a settlement?

Most likely. Cars can't drive on sidewalks. Contact a personal injury lawyer to negotiate a settlement with the car's insurance company.

Click on name or picture to see profile page.

Probably, assuming you were injured. Cars are generally supposed to stay off the sidewalks. You should get the medical treatment you need and talk with a personal injury lawyer in your area. I would recommend you get a copy of the police report, and take photographs of your injuries, e.g. bruising, scrapes, etc., before they heal up. DO NOT give a statement to the insurance company until you have had a chance to speak with a lawyer (or two). Good luck!

Lloyd Bell
Trial Attorney
www.BellLawFirm.com

You need to find an attorney and call for a free consultation right away.

www.1800NowHurt.com

I'm an Oregon attorney, and I can tell you that it sounds like the driver of the car is liable for your injuries. You may have *some* comparative fault because of riding on the sidewalk, but we would need to look into that further before being sure.

You can give my firm a call and get a free consultation - our number is (503) 592-0606. I used to work FOR the big insurance companies, so I know how they run their side of things.

Based on the limited facts you've provided, there would be nothing preventing you from asseting a claim. More detail is needed to determine precisely what might be available to you. I'm licensed in Oregon and frequently handle auto vs. bike cases. I offer a no-obligation initial consultation. Feel fre to call my office.