I got an RFE notice today from USCIS. My concern is, we are leaving for Philippines on June 18, and I am returning on August 5. RFE's deadline is August 6, 2013.
Is it better to apply close to my arrival? So I won't worry about USCIS's decision while I am gone? My husband will be back early, and he can do this while I am gone. OR, should I file before we leave? If we file before we leave, USCIS will decide early, and if it is a denial, and I am out of the country, then I cannot appeal anymore.
Please enlighten me on this matter. I already secured a stamp on my passport from USCIS, anticipating this trip.
Once you answer to a RFE, it takes at least one month before you hear from uscis (often 3 to 6 months depending on the service center) and if uscis is not satisfied by your rfe, you would get an interview rather than a denial. And you can ask your interview to be rescheduled if you are still in the philippines.
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
28,069 answers this week
2,915 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary