Skip to main content

RFE for I-751 application, financial records and residence

San Diego, CA |

I got an RFE notice today from USCIS. My concern is, we are leaving for Philippines on June 18, and I am returning on August 5. RFE's deadline is August 6, 2013.

Is it better to apply close to my arrival? So I won't worry about USCIS's decision while I am gone? My husband will be back early, and he can do this while I am gone. OR, should I file before we leave? If we file before we leave, USCIS will decide early, and if it is a denial, and I am out of the country, then I cannot appeal anymore.

Please enlighten me on this matter. I already secured a stamp on my passport from USCIS, anticipating this trip.

Thank you

Attorney Answers 3

  1. It is a good idea to respond to RFE quick, however, it is extremely important to discuss details of your case with an immigration attorney that would review your file.

    The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

  2. Once you answer to a RFE, it takes at least one month before you hear from uscis (often 3 to 6 months depending on the service center) and if uscis is not satisfied by your rfe, you would get an interview rather than a denial. And you can ask your interview to be rescheduled if you are still in the philippines.

  3. Answer the RFE before you leave. Hire an immigration attorney to assist you.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics