RFE for EAD RENEWAL...

Asked about 2 years ago - Redmond, WA

Hi,

L2 Visa Expires - 13/Sept/2012
I-94 expires - 13/Apr /2014
Current EAD expires - 13/Sept/2012

My spouse status:
L1 visa Expires - 13/Sept/2012
I-94 expires - 01/May /2013

I applied for EAD renewal but got RFE today to submit valid L1 & L2 visa extension.My husband company is not ready to extend his visa now ,since he has valid i-94.Please let me know if I can renew my EAD based on my I-94 which is valid till 01/Apr/2013.

What should i reply for RFE ? What are the documents i need to attach?Will i get my EAD approved based on my spouse or my I94?So can you tell me what will happen in my case?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Have the company lawyer help ... or hire your own ... you will need a good legal letter attached.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Whether you can renew your EAD depends on whether you can prove you will be in valid L-2 status. In order to prove that you will be in valid L-2 status, you must prove that your spouse will be in valid L-1 status.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.