RFE for EAD RENEWAL...

Redmond, WA |
Filed under: Immigration

Hi,

L2 Visa Expires - 13/Sept/2012
I-94 expires - 13/Apr /2014
Current EAD expires - 13/Sept/2012

My spouse status:
L1 visa Expires - 13/Sept/2012
I-94 expires - 01/May /2013

I applied for EAD renewal but got RFE today to submit valid L1 & L2 visa extension.My husband company is not ready to extend his visa now ,since he has valid i-94.Please let me know if I can renew my EAD based on my I-94 which is valid till 01/Apr/2013.

What should i reply for RFE ? What are the documents i need to attach?Will i get my EAD approved based on my spouse or my I94?So can you tell me what will happen in my case?

1. Have the company lawyer help ... or hire your own ... you will need a good legal letter attached.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. Whether you can renew your EAD depends on whether you can prove you will be in valid L-2 status. In order to prove that you will be in valid L-2 status, you must prove that your spouse will be in valid L-1 status.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.