RFE after marriage-based interview

Houston, TX |

My spouse (USC) and I just had our status adjustment on Monday the 10th of Sept. The officer was nice and she just basically went over our I-485, and G-325s. However I forgot to bring my I-20s so at the end she wrote down on a sticky note that I needed to fax all of my I-20s, a landlord affidavit and a check with "cancelled" on it and gave me 2 days to fax them. I already faxed them over for her. She also said she would send me a RFE ONLY about all of my I-20s because she wanted to see the original docments. How long should I expect to receive that RFE since it has been a week since our interview and the status of my application has remained "testing and interview"? The IO did not say anything at the end, she just said she wanted to see all of my documents. Should I schedule an infopass?

It shouldn't take much longer. Getting an infopass is also a good idea to make sure the documents were received.

thank you for your timely reply, I have another question. I came here as a student on F1 visa, and currently on OPT ever since December 2012. I just received another EAD valid until 08/2013. Will it be fine if I won't go to school until 08/2012?

You did it by yourself or you hired an attorney for the paperwork?

Agreed.

If you need representation, call us at (530) 758-8317 or email thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. If you want that advice from us, contact us at thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com.

I agree with my colleagues.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Marriage and prenups topics