RFE after I-140 approval. can i still get RFE after my I-140 is Approved?

Dallas, TX |

No. While one could get 2 successive RFEs, an RFE after approval is unheard of. A Notice of Intent to deny could be issued post-approval if USCIS learns of possible fraud, "Service Error" is discovered, etc.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. unlikely but possible. Check the date on the RFE to ensure it was sent after approval. In this case it would be unwise to ignore the RFE unless you know you can.

I am a pretty smart guy, but I do not know everything. My answers here come from the knowledge I carry around in my head--if you want me to look something up, you should come see me. Take any advice here as being general in nature. Please be careful with your life and make decisions that are smart.

3. Unless something extraordinary happens which draws USCIS attention to your case it is highly unlikely.

4. Perhaps the approval was a mistake.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

5. I agree with my colleagues, it is not likely, but may be possible. Review the dates to determine if the RFE was sent after the approval.

The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.