RFE afer interview based on marriage. How long It will takes to get reply from USCIS ?

San Francisco, CA |

My husband and I had an interview on September. The officer approved my I-485.He gave us a paper that stated Notice of Approval. At that time I had my asylum case still open. So, the officer asked me to cancel my asylum case and send the termination letter to him. As soon as I got the letter, I sent it to him. Now it has been a month and I havent got reply. On the online website my status still on Testing & Interview. Thank You :)

1. You should set up an INFOPASS apointment to speak to an officer at the local USCIS office. If possible, you can request to speak to the particular officer.

2. A month may be too soon. We don't even expect most IO to look at submissions within the first 30 days.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

3. It could take a couple of months.

Marriage and prenups topics