Revoke Power of Attorney for Mentally Challenged individuals

Asked over 4 years ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

Two mentally challenged individuals Age 50 are very unhappy with their Sister handing their financials through a Power Attorney. There is a lot of neglect concerning these two individuals. The
sister is not fulfilling her obligations. Many agencies have tried to work with her And she is not cooperative. These two Individuals have begged for me to take Over as their Power of Attorney and their financials and care. One individual can read and writing is very limited. The Other individual can not read or write. What can we do to revoke the Power of Attorney she holds. She lives in Ohio and They live in Florida. Their Parents are both deceased.

1. Linda Friedman Ramirez

Answered . The Advocacy Center for Peoples with Disabilities/Florida might be able to provide you and the individuals with additional information. I have included a link below.

2. Lesly C Longa

Answered . They will need to revoke the power of attorney and execute a new one, assuming they both have the mental capacity to do so. It should be signed in front of two witnesses and notarized. Good luck resolving this situation.