Return of property after winning case

Asked over 1 year ago - Silver Spring, MD

My property was seized during a search warrant executed more then 4 months ago. I have already won the related case by having all charges dismissed. But when it comes to getting my property back I'm hearing different things from different people. I thought that I would simply be notified that my property is available for pick up after winning my case but that doesn't seem to be the case.

1. William Lawrence Welch III

Answered . Return is not automatic. The prosecution might pursue forfeiture regardless of the result in the criminal case.