Return date on motion

New York, NY |

The defendant was personally served with the motion and I submitted the papers with a return date for 8 days. Do I show up to court on this date? Is this the date the motion will be heard? or will the court contact me and let me know when it is calendared?

1. The motion will be on the date you listed in the Notice of Motion. Call the Court the day before to double check that the court did not adjourn it.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.