RETRACTION: RE SAGA OF A VINDICTIVE WIFE - THANK YOU MR. DOLAND. GOOD ADVICE, I'M JUST MAD!

Sacramento, CA |
Filed under: Family law

REALLY MAD

1. It certainly is understandable. The best "revenge" is being methodical, no matter what the obstacles, and obtaining your objectives, not being frustrated. Courts are about "rules" not "justice" and even if you have a setback on the "service of process" issue, just continue to final judgment.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. Good to make peace. As my colleague suggests, cases take persistence. Family law cases are stressful. During WWI, the British had a motto, "Keep Calm, and Carry On." There are days when I would rather try a murder case than a family law case. Recognize that the system is adversarial, and there will be real and created obstacles, and the occasional setback. Once you come to expect that your adversary will be "adversarial" you can try to create some distance from the daily fray. I explain my cases to my dog, who listens attentively. Makes us both feel better. Best of luck to you.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

3. Alas the Family Law system tries to ignore emotions. Also alas there is no free therapy on line--but there may be support groups.

Ms. Straus (aka Carroll) may be reached at 800-400-8978 during regular business hours, Pacific Time, or anytime by email at: ECSEsquire@AOL.com. All of Ms. Straus’ responses to questions posted on Avvo are intended as helpful information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are not to be relied upon as a final legal opinion. It may not be what you wished to hear, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Straus is licensed to practice law in California. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, and retain him or her. Me Straus provides “unbundled” services if you need specific assistance with a specific issue.