Retract Jury

Asked about 1 year ago - Birmingham, AL

Plaintiff requested Jury Trial. Defendants do not want one. Can Plaintiff retract her request for Jury if decided a Bench is the best decision? How?

1. A. Wilson Webb

1

Answered . Yes. If either party requests a Jury, then that requesting party may withdraw the request at any time. A Notice of Withdrawal of Jury Demand will suffice. Note, that our Jury Demand usually costs approximately $100. Once paid, the courts don't usually refund if the requesting party changes their mind. Personally, I'd keep the jury demand.

2. Philip Anthony Fabiano

Answered . If both sides agree to a bench trial, that's what you will get. The prefers bench trials. In Pennsylvania you would merely file a precipe for a bench trial. Each county is different so I would then call the court clerk to make sure the change was made.
    I am sure someone from Georgia will respond to your question with the specific pleading you need to file, but again you will not have any trouble making the change.