Retract Jury

Birmingham, AL |

Plaintiff requested Jury Trial. Defendants do not want one. Can Plaintiff retract her request for Jury if decided a Bench is the best decision? How?

1. If both sides agree to a bench trial, that's what you will get. The prefers bench trials. In Pennsylvania you would merely file a precipe for a bench trial. Each county is different so I would then call the court clerk to make sure the change was made.
    I am sure someone from Georgia will respond to your question with the specific pleading you need to file, but again you will not have any trouble making the change.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

2. Yes. If either party requests a Jury, then that requesting party may withdraw the request at any time. A Notice of Withdrawal of Jury Demand will suffice. Note, that our Jury Demand usually costs approximately $100. Once paid, the courts don't usually refund if the requesting party changes their mind. Personally, I'd keep the jury demand.

No attorney-client relationship exists or is created by the answering of questions on Avvo or by any email communications resulting from Avvo unless and until a written contract creating such a relationship is executed by both the attorney and the client.