Retract Jury

Asked about 1 year ago - Birmingham, AL

Plaintiff requested Jury Trial. Defendants do not want one. Can Plaintiff retract her request for Jury if decided a Bench is the best decision? How?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. A. Wilson Webb

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes. If either party requests a Jury, then that requesting party may withdraw the request at any time. A Notice of Withdrawal of Jury Demand will suffice. Note, that our Jury Demand usually costs approximately $100. Once paid, the courts don't usually refund if the requesting party changes their mind. Personally, I'd keep the jury demand.

    No attorney-client relationship exists or is created by the answering of questions on Avvo or by any email... more
  2. Philip Anthony Fabiano

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If both sides agree to a bench trial, that's what you will get. The prefers bench trials. In Pennsylvania you would merely file a precipe for a bench trial. Each county is different so I would then call the court clerk to make sure the change was made.
    I am sure someone from Georgia will respond to your question with the specific pleading you need to file, but again you will not have any trouble making the change.

    If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,778 answers this week

2,893 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,778 answers this week

2,893 attorneys answering