Skip to main content

Restraining order renewal

Sacramento, CA |

In 2009 I was viciously stalked by a (previously) friend from gade school and high school while my husband was in Afghanistan in the us military. With the sheriff's departments documents I filed for restraining order. Due to the difficulties i faced being stalked and harrassed, I needed treatment for PTSD. Because of my fuzzy recolection, criminal charges were dropped. Its been 2 years since i was in court, i feel i may relapse if i have to face this person again . I will need to renew in 2013. Will i face the same kind of hearing as the first one? Last time he also came with his lawer but the restraining order was granted.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    You can get help with your restraining order from WEAVE or My Sisters House.
    There is a simple renewal form that can be filed in court.
    Filing a RO in Sacramento County is very frustrating due to the clerk's routine of making you wait all day long. You want to make sure you have the doc right - get some help.

  2. I'm sorry that you're going through this. Yes, he does have the right to request a trial.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics