Restraining order question, regarding an unborn child.

Asked about 3 years ago - Winnemucca, NV

I have a protection order against the father of my unborn child. We have another court date to discuss the provisions to allow him to be at the birth of the child.
However, I'd like to discuss things pertaining to the child with him. Under the protection order he isn't allowed to speak to me, but am I allowed to speak to him?
The judge ordered that I was allowed to speak through a mediator [his mother], solely concerning the birth of the child.

Additional information

The only problem I have with the mediator, is she is biased to her son, and I'm afraid isn't relaying the important information to him. I.E. the fact that I'm now considered a high-risk pregnancy.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Oh my god! I am so sorry you are going through this during your pregnancy. This is such an important time in your life. You need support and if you need a restraining order against the human being who is the father of your child , he needs to respect you and abide by your wishes, change his ways and be a good father. You may speak with him through his family or perhaps set up an email account. I wish you all the best and good health and happiness, we have one life, live it and make sure your child has all the best in life. Take care and be happy.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If the order says you can speak through a mediator, then do that. If the father has any sense and/or an attorney advising him, he will not speak to you and if you try to speak directly with him, that could cause problems for you both.

    Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@... more

Related Topics

Restraining order and criminal defense

A restraining order is a court order that requires you to do, or refrain from doing, certain actions. It is often used in stalking or domestic violence cases.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,514 answers this week

3,691 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,514 answers this week

3,691 attorneys answering