Restraining order question, regarding an unborn child.

Winnemucca, NV |

I have a protection order against the father of my unborn child. We have another court date to discuss the provisions to allow him to be at the birth of the child.
However, I'd like to discuss things pertaining to the child with him. Under the protection order he isn't allowed to speak to me, but am I allowed to speak to him?
The judge ordered that I was allowed to speak through a mediator [his mother], solely concerning the birth of the child.

The only problem I have with the mediator, is she is biased to her son, and I'm afraid isn't relaying the important information to him. I.E. the fact that I'm now considered a high-risk pregnancy.

1. If the order says you can speak through a mediator, then do that. If the father has any sense and/or an attorney advising him, he will not speak to you and if you try to speak directly with him, that could cause problems for you both.

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@hotmail.com. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

2. Oh my god! I am so sorry you are going through this during your pregnancy. This is such an important time in your life. You need support and if you need a restraining order against the human being who is the father of your child , he needs to respect you and abide by your wishes, change his ways and be a good father. You may speak with him through his family or perhaps set up an email account. I wish you all the best and good health and happiness, we have one life, live it and make sure your child has all the best in life. Take care and be happy.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.