Restraining order question, regarding an unborn child.

Asked about 3 years ago - Winnemucca, NV

I have a protection order against the father of my unborn child. We have another court date to discuss the provisions to allow him to be at the birth of the child.
However, I'd like to discuss things pertaining to the child with him. Under the protection order he isn't allowed to speak to me, but am I allowed to speak to him?
The judge ordered that I was allowed to speak through a mediator [his mother], solely concerning the birth of the child.

The only problem I have with the mediator, is she is biased to her son, and I'm afraid isn't relaying the important information to him. I.E. the fact that I'm now considered a high-risk pregnancy.

1. 2

5

Answered . Oh my god! I am so sorry you are going through this during your pregnancy. This is such an important time in your life. You need support and if you need a restraining order against the human being who is the father of your child , he needs to respect you and abide by your wishes, change his ways and be a good father. You may speak with him through his family or perhaps set up an email account. I wish you all the best and good health and happiness, we have one life, live it and make sure your child has all the best in life. Take care and be happy.

2. 2

4

Answered . If the order says you can speak through a mediator, then do that. If the father has any sense and/or an attorney advising him, he will not speak to you and if you try to speak directly with him, that could cause problems for you both.