Restoration or rights

Asked over 1 year ago - Loveland, CO

If i am going back in from of the Judge to have probation terminated and restitution canceled due to an agreement with the DA, whom will also be at the hearing, Is it possible to ask the judge to reinstate my 2nd amendment rights? It was for a non violent felony that took place 14 years ago.

1. Brian B. Boal

Pro

3

Answered . Unfortunately no. The judge does not have that power or authority because your 2nd Amend right is restricted by federal law.

2. Richard Waldron Bryans Jr.

2

Answered . Mr. Boal is correct. Colorado also prohibits anyone convicted of a felony from possessing firearms.

The information provided in this answer is only general shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

2

Answered . No. The judge does not have the authority or jurisdiction to order such restoration. My colleagues are correct.