Restoration or rights

Asked over 1 year ago - Loveland, CO

If i am going back in from of the Judge to have probation terminated and restitution canceled due to an agreement with the DA, whom will also be at the hearing, Is it possible to ask the judge to reinstate my 2nd amendment rights? It was for a non violent felony that took place 14 years ago.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Brian B. Boal


    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unfortunately no. The judge does not have that power or authority because your 2nd Amend right is restricted by federal law.

    DISCLAIMER: This above communication is for general informational purposes only. It does NOT constitute legal... more
  2. Richard Waldron Bryans Jr.

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Mr. Boal is correct. Colorado also prohibits anyone convicted of a felony from possessing firearms.

    The information provided in this answer is only general shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. The judge does not have the authority or jurisdiction to order such restoration. My colleagues are correct.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,995 answers this week

3,188 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,995 answers this week

3,188 attorneys answering