Respectfully, why do NJ DUI attorneys post incorrect answers/agree with incorrect answers about DUI and IDRC?

Asked about 1 year ago - Turnersville, NJ

This question was asked from Sewell, NJ: "I did my court ordered IDRC, but missed the assesment because of other things going on. How bad off am I?". Advice was to contact MVC and/or IDRC and that the DL couldn't be restored. MVC has nothing to do with treatment. Client gets a non-compliance warning from IDRC instructing him to contact IDRC within 10 days. When he contacts IDRC they will tell him to call treatment agency and schedule assessment. No harm, no foul. If client doesn't contact IDRC, IDRC will notify court, and 30 days later notify IDP which notifies MVC. If IDP has not yet noified MVC that the client is in non-compliance, the client can get license restored (assuming suspension is up, paid restoration fee/program fee, and no other sususpensions). See N.J.A.C. 10:162-8.1 & 8.3.

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . Same thing happens in IL. Reason is, you get points for answering a question and for agreeing with an answer even if you response is wrong, or a non sequitur. People are gaming the points, I guess to raise their profile.

2. Dean P Murray

5

Answered . I would suggest that you contact a lawyer directly for a consultation.

---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

3. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

3

Answered . Idk why.

4. James Alexander Abate

2

2

Answered . Respectfully, I do not think the sugestions that you contact IDRC/ MVC was incorrect advice. As you have noted in your question, doing nothing will eventually result your being unable to restore or you will be suspended again for non-compliance. So, the first thing to do is to notify the agency that you had a problem (and prevent a suspension if it has proceeeded that far) and that you would like to rectify it. If MVC does not yet have a problem, then they can direct you to the process in the chain that you are at and who specifically to contact. The important part of the advice is that you make immediate contact with the agency and follow their directions.

Law Offices of James A. Abate Jabatelaw.com (732) 412-2364