Resigning in lieu of termination in the state of Washington?

Lake Oswego, OR |

I was forced to resign in lieu of termination in the state of Washington. I am being terminated because an employee of mine made accounting errors that I did not catch at the time. I was able to retrieve the money that was missing for the company and was terminated anyways because the company said I could have lost them a lot of money. Just wondering if I resign, due to the fact that I will be terminated, can I still collect unemployment?

You should re-post your question and use a Washington city as the location so that Washington attorneys will see the post and (hopefully) respond. You really need a Washington attorney to answer this question.

No, in my experience one significant reason employers try to get a person to resign in lieu of being terminated is to avoid having to pay unemployment benefits to the person.

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.