Residential lease and chapter 7

Allentown, PA |

On the debtors statement of intention do I list my home rental lease if I plan on continuing the lease (no outstanding debt)? I am a co-lessee with my girlfriend and she paid the security deposit, do I have to list this on sch. b or c since the money is not mine? Thank you for your advice!

If you are not entitled to the deposit, it is not your property to list.

As for the lease, yes you must list it as an executory contract. Your landlord has to provide space and you have to keep paying. You can indicate that you wish to assume the lease.

Mr. Goldstein is a Virginia-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting Mitchell Goldstein or the Goldstein Law Group does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege until otherwise advised.

Yes, you do stay your intentions regarding assumption of the lease on statement of intentions.

The lease is listed on Schedule "G" and on your statement of intention you list that you wish to accept the lease. The security deposit should be listed on schedule B and then a security interest on the deposit should be listed on schedule D for the landlord. Hope this helps....

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the receiver of such question should consult a local attorney for specific answers to questions.

A residential lease is listed on schedule G and on your statement of intention.

Only list the security deposit if it is your money. You should not list the security deposit if it is your girlfriends money.