Residence

Perris, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

Hi! I was in process of getting my residence for more than 10 years since my Dad apply for me in 1997. he passed away and the case was cancel as he died. Now I have a daughter which turned 21 and she can apply for me, but since I have probation for 3 years I don't know if there is a chance for my right now or do I need to wait for the probation to be over? thanks

My husband was deported to mexico about 15 years ago for domestic violence, he hasn't had any problems since then, his brother applied for him in 1997-1998, and we would like to know if my daughter which is his stepdaughter can apply for him now that she turned 21 years old? what's the chance of getting his residence, and what's the charge? We consulted a lawyer which is charging him $3000.00 for cleaning up his record, $ 4000.00 lawyer cost, and $2500.00 for immigration penalty. we need some advice please! thank you

What was the conviction/ probation for? Ideally discuss it privately with an immigration attorney and seek guidance.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Thanks!

This should be discussed privately with a competent immigration lawyer in the privacy of his/her office and not in a public forum such as this. We are not the only ones reading all this..

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

The prices you mentioned seem to be too good to be true. Though, maybe this is the ongoing rate in California. I would not know. Why would you need this forum if you had your questions answered by an attorney on a consultation? Without knowing more about your "probation" as well as other information relating to your family, I will pass on giving you any suggestions.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.