Rescinded Job Offer after Background Check

Flower Mound, TX |

My son rcvd verbal offer of employment from a "doc in the box" firm as a billing specialist. He filled the app truthfully and signed an auth to allow them to do a background invesitgation (BI). After the BI, offer was rescinded. Offer was verbal and they did not tell him that it was contingent on the BI. They claimed it was in the offer letter which he did not receive or sign. He had already given notice at his current job. The BI shows a B misdemeanor from 4 yrs back when he was 18. The application only asked for felonies and when asked about the arrest he discussed it openly. I spoke with their HR dept and was told that had he been open about it, they may have thought differently and in future should disclose. Even if not asked? Have his rights been violated?

The employer can rescind the offer, and this does not violate your son's rights.

Recommended articles about Employment