Requirements in filing for I-130

Asked 10 months ago - Gansevoort, NY

I am going to file petition for my unmarried 17 year old son on the Philippines. He was a k2 visa holder, went to visit us here when he was 16, then went back to PH after a month. My husband(USC) will petition him. Based on the answer that the other lawyers answered me, I just need to file I-130. But now I got confused, is that all we need to send the USCIS? or there are other requirements. thank you,

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I-130 has official instructions. Read those. The information is there. If still unclear, make a consultation with an immigration attorney.

2. Dean P Murray

1

Answered . You would benefit tremendously from hiring a lawyer. There are many different ways by which someone can be eligible to immigrate to the U.S. and you would only know the best strategy by consulting an attorney.

3. Tracie Lynn Klinke

2

Answered . The I-130 will work if you and your husband were married before your son was 16. Once the I-130 is approved, your son will start the process of consular processing for his immigrant visa. Cases from the Philippines are being processed faster, but you're probably still looking at about a year before your son can come to the United States.