Requirements for NY Drivers License for DACA

Jamaica, NY |

I got approved for the deferred action and received my work permit and i also have received my Social Security. Can i go ahead and go to the permit exam and then take the road test for the drivers license here in NYC? Which forms do i need to fill out? i dont want to take a day off from work and not have everything before i go to DMV because they are always so crowded and i dont want to waste my day off

What papers can i use to get "points" because i believe you need to make 6 points. I do not have my passport right now because it was expired so i have submitted for renewal however i do have a photo copy of it and a receipt that they gave when i gave my passport

You should call the NY DVM to get all the information required in order to get a drivers license. The DVM local phone numbers are 1-212-645-5550 or 1-718-966-6155.

They never answer the phone

Jeffrey B. Peltz

Jeffrey B. Peltz

Not surprised! Better go in person.

Read the instructions on NY gov website. You do not neet to take a day off for that. You will get the DL valid for the duration of EAD.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.