Requirements for NY Drivers License for DACA

Asked over 1 year ago - Jamaica, NY

I got approved for the deferred action and received my work permit and i also have received my Social Security. Can i go ahead and go to the permit exam and then take the road test for the drivers license here in NYC? Which forms do i need to fill out? i dont want to take a day off from work and not have everything before i go to DMV because they are always so crowded and i dont want to waste my day off

Additional information

What papers can i use to get "points" because i believe you need to make 6 points. I do not have my passport right now because it was expired so i have submitted for renewal however i do have a photo copy of it and a receipt that they gave when i gave my passport

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Jeffrey B. Peltz


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should call the NY DVM to get all the information required in order to get a drivers license. The DVM local phone numbers are 1-212-645-5550 or 1-718-966-6155.

  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Read the instructions on NY gov website. You do not neet to take a day off for that. You will get the DL valid for the duration of EAD.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,556 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,556 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering