Requirements for EB2 in the Labor Certification

Asked almost 3 years ago - San Francisco, CA

My employer filled a minimum requirement for my position as being Master + 1 year or alternative Bachelor + 5 years. I have bachelor plus 5 years of progressive experience and my employer agreed to go to EB2. I have been told that this Labor Certification (PERM) will be very likely audited and denied as this is not a combination that the DOL understands as acceptable. I have been told that a correct combination would be master + 3 and bachelor + 5. My employer won't change anything in the PERM and I cannot request it to do so obviously. I think the position is stated as a computer systems analyst level II. My salary is above what the DOL requires. Can anyone shed a honest light on here? Is there hope for me or this combination will most likely send me to audition and PERL denial?

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

1

Answered . The problem that you have here is that the alternative requirements are lower than the actual requirements. Thus, the employer is not recruiting for its actual minimum requirements for the position. Most likely the position should have been listed as Bachelor's plus five with the Master's and no experience as an alternative. However, it also depends upon the SVP and Job Zone for the petition. Good chance it may get audited, but you never know.

2. C. C. Abbott

Answered . Attorney Devore has provided you with an excelelnt comment to your posting. It is now necessary you contact your employer's attorney who is assisting with the PERM and get a explanation of their choice of action so you are prepared for a possoble audit.

3. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . It is the employer, not you, whose responsibility it is to comply with all requirements for visa certification. I suggest you present your questions to the employers immigratio attorney.

4. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . The employer's lawyer is suitably positioned to deal with compliance issues for the employer, discuss your concerns with the lawyer.

Goodluck.