Requesting discovery and preserve audio/video evidence

Youngstown, OH |

Hello,

I have a speeding violation that I am going to fight in court. My question is if I want to request discovery, is there a special form I have to use (Mahoning County courts) or can I type it myself. The same question, additionally, if I want to ask for preservation of audio/video from the officer's vehicle.

1. You should check with the local court rules, and with the Ohio Traffic and Criminal Rules, that should give you a starting point.

Attorney Mark A. Deters
    Deters Law LLC
    www.deterslaw.com
    (937) 224-1100

Legal disclaimer: Mark A. Deters is licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio. All information given is based only on Ohio law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state