REQUEST TO APPREHEND ON POLICE REPORT MEAN THE VITCIM WANTED YOU ARRESTED ?

Austin, TX |

I have gotten a Public Police Report and it states that i was REQUEST TO APPREHEND on a domitic volince case my question is did the victim request i be picked up or could this have came from any where i will say it is a warrant from 2010 i got picked up in 2013

No. The decision to apprehend a person with a warrant is completely up to the discretion of the police agency involved.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

This is the police saying that a warrant should issue. This occurs when the suspect is not present when the police arrive at the scene. This has nothing to do with the alleged victim. Family violence cases are very serious. If you haven't been arrested it may be possible to do a walk through. You're going to need an experienced family violence lawyer.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
512-495-1813
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
Austin Probation Lawyer
Austin Family Violence Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

The request to apprehend (arrest warrant) comes from a law enforcement agency, but it must be reviewed by a judge, and she must agree that there is sufficient information in the sworn affidavit supporting the application for the warrant to establish probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed by the person to be arrested.

This answer is intended to be taken as general information and not as specific legal advice. You should always consult a qualified attorney and make him familiar with all the relevant facts in order to get proper legal advice. Every case is different, and they must be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. David N. Smith 812 W. 11th Street, Suite 201 Austin TX 78701 (512) 457-0100 defenseattorneysmith.com

The warrant was issued because you were not present at the time of the complaint. Assault family violence cases are tricky so you need to get an experienced criminal lawyer on board. Feel free to contact my office for a consultation.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737

State, local, and municipal law topics