Request Personal Information from phone company, ISP

Palo Alto, CA |

Just in case someone (could be anyone including any law enforcement agency or government agency has) requested my personal info from my phone company or any internet service provider for whatever purpose, can I request the phone company or the ISP to confirm if they have been requested to submit my personal info and what info was provided to the requester?

You can request it. No obligation for them to comply unless its to a FOIA request.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

You can ask, they don't have to answer, and probably won't.
Check their terms of service to see what they will and will not provide, and what steps you have to take to get them to provide anything. Most providers will resist all attempts, including court orders.

Civil rights topics