Request for the production of documents from respondent

Florida does not have a self help form for the request to produce documents from a party in the case; only from 3rd parties. Do family law rules allow for this? I understand the civil rules do. If so would it be proper for me to use this example as an outline http://www.bahamabayii.com/pdf/plaintiffsfirstrequestforproductionandplantiffsfirs/22830001.pdfby changing it around to refelect my request. I need to request tax returns and phone records for evidence to proove my case. TYIA

Tallahassee, FL -

Heather Morcroft

Heather Morcroft

Appeals Lawyer - Winter Park, FL

This template is really not designed for family law. If you go to the nearest law library, there are form books with samples, and I would suggest you use those, because the request you are looking at is really for a different kind of data and includes an exhaustive definitions section which is really more suited to complex litigation than it is to family law. Tax records from the respondent, for the past three years are part of mandatory discovery under the rules, so you should not have to request them unless you are going further back. Phone records you may be able to get from the respondent, but you may have to request from the service provider, a lot of people do not get copies of detailed phone records with their bills anymore.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

Related Advice