Skip to main content

Request for Order, Restraining order, or noticed hearing? Which do I file to get needed medical treatment for my child?

Woodland Hills, CA |

MC and Father went to court and gave father joint physical and legal custody in a high conflict case. Father has bee refusing to communicate with me regarding overdue medical care for our daughter. I had her dentist and ophtholmalogist write a letter stating the risk of not having or delayed treatment, diagnosis, prognosis and treatment for our daughter after having had to cancel several appointments because father either cancels appointments himself (telling them I should have consulted with him prior to making appointment) or simply refusing to tell me if he consents or not (so I could petition court to make decision). He is using child to get at me but it is hurting child. How do I STOP this and get child what she needs? DCFS? MC does NOTHING! I have TRO in place, extended 2x's already.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. No easy answer here. I encourage you to release control of the matter to an experienced attorney and let them handle it going forward.

    NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics