Request for Initial Evidence(I-485)

Asked over 1 year ago - Prospect Park, PA

I have filed form I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-864 my sponsor was joint, so only he filled the form . They accepted all the forms and sent me the receipts and I got appointment for fingerprints and they are asking me now to submit a completed and signed Form I-864 for the petitioner/sponsor listed on form I-130, even if joint sponsor will be used the petitioner must fill and sign the form I-864 and provide copies of petitioner's most recent Federal tax return forms. What should I do if she doesn't work at all and she never had tax return?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

1

Answered . You still need to file the form.

2. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Submit the required I-864 with an explanation regarding the non-employment.

3. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

4

Answered . You fill out the form and put $0 as income and provide an affidavit from her that she has had no income in the past three years and was not required to file a tax return.

4. Irene Vaisman

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with all of the answers

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  5. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . The petitioner must still file the form and any of the requested documents that she has. If she has no tax returns, submit an explanation