Request for Initial Evidence (I-485)- How to respond?

Asked 11 months ago - Portland, OR

I have received today Request for Initial Evidence (I-485). I have been asked to provide evidence to establish that the petitioner on Form I-130 is a USA Citizen. I am married to A green card holder (for 5 years). My priority date is Sep. 26. We submitted the case because a friend told us that the F2A Category is current (To our understanding is without waiting period) for August and September Priority dates.

Some more information that I think can be useful:
* My wife is in process for getting her citizenship and most likely she will get it by the next 3 months.
* My I-94 (From a visitor Visa) was expired on June 19 2013.
* We fill I-130, I-765 and I-485 as the same time.

My friend advised to send them a letter explaining that the F2A was current for those priority date.
Any suggestions on how to respond?

Please note that my I-94 expired 3.5 months before I applied for AOS. Is that an issue?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . It was current when your application was filed. Tell USCIS this.

2. Natalia Polukhtin

3

Answered . It happens frequently. Just send a letter with the copy of visa bulletin for September and a copy of your spouse's LPR card.

3. Pablo Husayn Nossa

1

Answered . Your friend was correct.

4. Ali Herischi

Pro

Answered . Unfortunately the other answers are not correct. Since you were out of status at the time you filed your I-485, USCIS asking the status of the petitioner again to make sure the petitioner is not a US citizen before denying your application. You can't adjust, you need to leave the country or wait for your spouse to become a US citizen and refile your I-485. Please consult with an attorney before taking any action. It is very sensitive now.