Request for Evidence

Asked almost 3 years ago - Columbus, OH

Hello to everyone just have question i hope get an answer that will explain excately what is going on .Me and My Fiancee fill fulled oue petition I129 f July 12 2011 after almost 5 month of waitiing decembre 1st i checked on line i Usics and found this (Request for Evidence

On December 1, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Probably nothing to worry about. Read it carefully and if the information requested is not very straightforward retain an immigration attorney to assist you in answering it. Once they get what they need from this request your fiance petition can be approved assuming it is approvable. Most likely there was some required evidence that you failed to include with your initial filing

    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277

    Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

  2. Philip Alan Eichorn

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . When you get the RFE read it. If you don't understand it or you simply want legal advice, retain counsel. It may be for a translation of a document or an identity document. It also could be a request for more proof of your relationship.

  3. William D. Fong

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . This is notice that an RFE has been mailed to you. you need to wait for it and comply with the documentary request. Keep a full copy of the filed RFE and be sure to mail it out in time for it to be received before the due date.

    713-772-2300. All information provided is general in nature. Please consult with an immigration attorney with full... more
  4. Nisha V. Fontaine

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Hello,

    Thank you for your posting.

    Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what your question is.

    You should be receiving the Request for Evidence fairly soon. Once you receive it, you will need to review what USCIS is asking for. It could be a number of things (questioning whether you two are legally free to marry each other, whether you have a legitimate relationship, or maybe something was missing with the filing like a photo, etc.) so it would be impossible to speculate. You just need to keep an eye out on your mail and review the RFE once you receive it.

    Once you receive it, you may want to consult with an experienced immigration attorney regarding responding.

    For an overview of the I-129F/K-1 process, please visit my blog at:

    Good luck!

    Thank you,
    Nisha Fontaine

    Serotte Reich Wilson, LLP
    Ph: 716-854-7525

  5. C. C. Abbott

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Not able to see a question in your posting. Basically, USCIS needs furtehr evidence as stated in the requestion document that is needed before they can investigate any further. You need to review what is asked for in the notice and reply with as detailed reply as possible. It is always advisable that an alien who receives a NFE collect all information and consult with an experienced immigration attorney for a legal opinion before submitting the reply. Good luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,435 answers this week

2,972 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,435 answers this week

2,972 attorneys answering