Request for Evidence - OPT Extension for STEM students!

Asked over 1 year ago - Minneapolis, MN

I graduated December 2011 and was issued an OPT from Feb 2012 until Feb 2013. I was laid off by my employer's clients and was told that if I extended my OPT they would provide another job for me. I applied for OPT extension at the beginning of Feb 2013 using the company's e-verification number. I recently received a letter of evidence from DHS and they need my employer to provide it's e-verification number. My employer refused to give me that information because I no longer work for them. Other job opportunities have been offered but they are not everified, except for one that I am anticipating a job offer soon. My OPT extension is still pending and I don't have an e-verification number to give DHS. What steps do I take from here and what is the likelihood that my OPT EXT will be approved?

1. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Without providing the requested documentation, the OPT will be denied.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . You cannot ignore RFE. You will get a denial.

3. Simone Bertollini

Pro

1

Answered . You should probably withdraw your application and apply for H-1B with another employer.